Members can easily open checking and other deposit accounts at the credit union. If you're not a member, you only need to meet the membership requirements stated above to open a membership account.
To open a checking account:
- Complete the New Personal Checking Account Request
- Complete and submit a W-8 BEN if you are not a U.S. citizen.
- Review the following documents:
Availability of Funds
Online Banking Services Agreement
- If you are returning the completed application by mail:
- Have the member/owner signature and any joint owner signatures notarized (page 3 of the new checking application)
- Complete and have notarized a Member Identity and Verification Card for any joint owner who is not already a member of the credit union. (You do not have to complete the form for anyone who is already a member of the credit union.)
- Include a check for $50.00 for the checking account opening deposit.
- If you are bringing the completed application to a branch:
- Joint owners who are not already members of the credit union should either bring the identification documents specified on the Member Identity and Verification Card or, if they will not be present at the branch, they should have their signatures notarized on page 3 of the new checking application and complete and have notarized the Member Identity and Verification Card
- Bring $50.00 for the checking account opening deposit.
- Use our switch kit to easily close your checking account at another institution or to set up automatic payments and debits to your UVA Community Credit Union checking account.